Friday, December 16, 2005

About time


So, right. It has been a while. The elasticity of time sometimes stretches what seems like a few days into 18. In that space of time, I started class again, had Sam Holdridge visit, we went to Amsterdam together, I've since returned to class every day and Christmas shopping and farewells to friends going back home for the holidays. All the gifts are in the mail, I have a real tree with lights and ornaments, I've discovered how to make my own peanut sauce for stir frying, and I'm reading an amazing book. Edith got me hooked on the OC (yeah, didn't think it would happen), every major street is lit up, yet we have no snow, and I might go ice skating in the next few days either at the Eiffel Tower (on the 2nd level) or at Hotel DeVille.

Today is Leah's Birthday. I am thankful that, 28 years ago, she was born. I am equally thankful that, 7 years ago, I met her.

Here are some pictures from Sam's time in Paris and our trip to Amsterdam. One word on Amsterdam: it was amazing and deserves a much larger reputation than its legalization of marijuana and prostitution. However, being in a culture/country where weed is regulated instead of outlawed is another topic of conversation in itself. Perhaps I'll revisit it another time...but right now, I just need this post to post.

No comments: