
Yes, I took a few steps back, but I'm ahead again. Today was productive, and I know so because I just got my ceiling banged on. So that means I'm happy...and excited...and for good reason. Stevie Wonder is playing, Karina and I are camped out on my floor cushions (I'm helping her create her own blog)...No Karina, this isn't your cameo. But yes, Stevie is singing, we are eating late-night pita, wine in hand (getting banged again!)...and I am ALL set to get my student visa. I found a friendly woman at the Sorbonne (after visit #3) who has already mailed out my necessary paperwork, and I am being asked for my CV and letter of motivation for this teaching assistant position. People are recognizing me on my street, and I'm on a first-name basis with the younger guy who works in the cafe below my building. I got extra chocoates at my coffee shop, put on a lot of walking miles in the sun, and made a delicious dinner. And I couldn't be more psyched that my ticket is booked to go home. I can't wait to see my family and Leah...and of course I'll handle this visa situation...and tonight we discovered a totally hip bar just 3 doors down, got invited to a short-film viewing in December, and they are planting poppies in the Jardin du Luxembourg. My day was beautiful. And tomorrow is Friday...which probably means I'll end up at the cafe, enjoying friends and a few glasses of wine.
Leah, I can't wait to dance to "As" in your living room, play our music loudly, yell in the street and drink coffee until we can't sit still any more (and then we'll dance, right?). Jon and Josh, I call drawing last. No, I promise not to fall asleep.
1 comment:
Amanda, glad you had such a wonderful day! I love this blog, I feel like I know what is going on in your life...regardless of the miles of ocean in between. Cannot wait to see you next weekend.
Have a great weekend Amanda!
Love you!
me
Post a Comment