The holidays have come and gone...my 2 weeks in the States went by as fast as ever, though leaving me with such a good feeling. New Year's eve in Paris, then my last 2 weeks of class...to finish my first semester. And yet here I am, mid-January, and wanting sunshine, a beach, another trip, time with my grandma, a fireplace, a night out with Leah....something. I shy away from anything too sad sounding on this blog...but Jenna Sims-Gray is my role model of honesty...and so I am choosing to just put it out there. She says that's what blogs are for anyhow. Besides...no life is roses all the time! The low moaning of something missing, something not quite being attained. And I ask myself if it's the season (maybe I am looking for roses!), the time of year, too much time indoors...and all the much h
Monday, January 21, 2008
Not a fan of January
The holidays have come and gone...my 2 weeks in the States went by as fast as ever, though leaving me with such a good feeling. New Year's eve in Paris, then my last 2 weeks of class...to finish my first semester. And yet here I am, mid-January, and wanting sunshine, a beach, another trip, time with my grandma, a fireplace, a night out with Leah....something. I shy away from anything too sad sounding on this blog...but Jenna Sims-Gray is my role model of honesty...and so I am choosing to just put it out there. She says that's what blogs are for anyhow. Besides...no life is roses all the time! The low moaning of something missing, something not quite being attained. And I ask myself if it's the season (maybe I am looking for roses!), the time of year, too much time indoors...and all the much h
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sis!-
It's time to chipper up a little. You live in the city of lights where wine and champagne flow like the salmon of Capastrono. You live in Paris where people wear berets and tight pants, ride around on bicycles, and eat great food! Think of the winter doldrums as an opportunity to enjoy some "Paul", or maybe a Nutella crepe, and cozy up to a nice French fireplace! Better yet, screw all that other stuff, head to the Alps and see what Chamonix has to offer.
Love ya sis-
Juan
Hello there!
It is always a pleasure to read your blog.
You are a great writer and should think about a career delighting people with your texts.
I could not avoid posting a comment today, after Jon's suggestion to head to the Alps... Come and see me! I'm going skiing tomorrow with my girls at only 40 minutes drive from home.
You're welcome with us, you can even get a raclete or lasagne at your choice at night!!! And of course the invitation is valid all along the winter. Keep writing and come and see us in snowy Grenoble. Love. Claudia
Post a Comment