Wednesday, November 12, 2008
It could be worse
There are a lot of crappy jobs out there. When I was little I thought the worst possible job belonged to the garbage man. Today a new one tops my list. A jack-hammer operator. There is one across the street from me. All day he's been starting and stopping with that most horrible machine. Not only is it jolting him around, he's wearing a helmet and ear protection....but he's the brunt of hostility from every business person and resident on this street trying to work, live or just watch tv. Even the passer-bys are irritated by his work. Unfortunately for the jack-hammer operator, he is the one to blame for the lack of peace today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amanda, I'm kind of thinking that after last night's snow which got mixed in with the leaves in gutters that the worst job is the "Leaves Sucker Up Man". Crummy rotting leaves mixed with white and dirty snow and when he was blowing in the truck it was whipped around by the wind and whacking the sucker man back in the face. Glad I was doing paperwork. Dad
Post a Comment