Friday, September 09, 2005

Getting Started

I'm a complete rookie; only a matter of weeks ago did my friend Jenna even define what a "blog" was for me. But since then I've become mildly obsessed and completely convinced that this will be the best way for me to share my upcoming stay in Paris with my family and friends. Let me start by explaining my title--"Nomad." It was a nickname that my friend Obadyah gave me over six years ago. I guess it was because I was in Zimbabwe at the time and doing just a little travelling in Africa between classes. Since then, however, his nickname (almost prophetic, I guess) has been nothing short of accurate. I've been all over the place, never in one location for too long...so as I searched for a title, which gave me a bit of that pressure similar to needing really exciting New Year's Eve plans, I realized that Nomad was the perfect name for the purpose of my blog. Blog. I can't believe I have one. Welcome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello-
I don't know if this will work but I just wanted to say hello sis. Welcome to Paris and I'm glad you arrived safely. If this works I will write more later.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda -- Glad to hear you arrived safely in Paris. Good thing you showed me your page before you left so I hopefully will successfully leave you a message. Look forward to hearing more about your journey soon...and still figuring out a date for a visit. In Atlanta this week but when I get back will try and nail a time down. Take Care and chat with you soon!! Sam ;]